Follow by Email

Friday, November 4, 2011

October's festivities!!

We decided to make this kind of like a journal so sorry if this is too long to read.

October has been a very eventful month. We have been trying really hard to stay active and have been having a lot of fun doing it. To start us off was General Conference, we got a cable and ran it from our computer to our new TV (which we sadly had to return) so we were able to watch it live on a big screen and it worked great. The kids had a hard time sitting through it, but one of our friends made the a little conference kit and it kept them entertained at least some of the time. When the Tabernacle Choir sang Avenlea would stand up and “Sing” along with them, she was very into it. J We then went over to our friend’s house for a BBQ. We had a lot of fun playing games and eating good food.

Because it is so hot here in Texas, the grass dies unless you water it. So we have been trying really hard to revive our Lawn and every time we turned on the sprinklers all the kids would somehow end up soaked, but because it was so hot it was one of our fun outside activities that helped us handle the heat.



A little further into the month we became very busy, and have felt the full effect of a Master’s program. Matt has been gone most night’s attending class, group projects, doing homework, attending Membership get-togethers, and working. So The ones at home have had to come up with our own activities to subdue the missing of our father/husband. As sad as it has been without him we were able to do some fun things. We made Vampire Suckers, Hand Print Autumn Tree’s, Felt Bats, and many trips to the park that is just down the road, where we play “Captain” pretending that the playground is our ship and there are sharks in the water/woodchips.


Talia has been having a lot of fun at school she went on a fieldtrip to a place called Dewberry Farms, where she went on a hayride, picked out a small pumpkin, and did other fun fall activities. We had a parent teacher conference and her teacher says she is doing very well. She also got a thing that they call a “brag” a brag is a thing that you get when the teacher has noticed you doing good things, Talia was the first in her class to receive a brag and she was so excited.

Aerom and Avenlea have been a lot better at playing together and saying funny things. Aerom has been a big help. He has been a protector of Avenlea and helps her with EVERYTHING even when he shouldn’t J(like climbing cupboards) He will do things without hesitation, like cleaning his assigned room, and putting things away when he is told. He has also gotten in the habit of saying “you ruined Christmas!” And it still cracks us up to hear him say it. He is also SO cute in primary, and will sing outloud randomly (in a good way and not obnoxiously loud) and makes all the teachers smile.

Avenlea has been growing way too fast. It has been fun to see her talking up a storm but also sad to think of how fast she is growing. She will be at bawling her head off and when we say you need to be happy she will stop crying immediately and say “HAPPY NOW!!” It is SO cute. Avenlea also went to Nursery the whole time by herself the last week in October. Let’s just see if we can repeat that again.


Halloween was really fun. We did the trunker treat and and then a surprise birthday party for a friend on Saturday and then trick-or-treating on Monday. It was so nice, to not have to worry about freezing. We walked all through our neighborhood and the kids had a blast. We then got pizza and watched a “scary” movie (for kids).


They do a fill the Temple week twice a year in our ward. So I took Aerom and Avenlea and we went up to the Temple with my Visiting teacher and her kid while the rest of our kids were in school. They have a little room off of the Temple where you can take the kids and so we just swapped babysitting and she went in to do initiatories while I watched the kids and then we swapped. I was so glad I got to go, with someone and it was nice to get out of the house.

One thing that I thought I would share. As you might already know I was called as Primary Pianist. A few months back I decided to practice the primary songs because I loved seeing my Mom in primary and I wanted my kids to have that experience as well. However, I didn’t think that it would be that soon. When I was called I was really stressed about learning all the songs before the next week. So I was practicing and practicing, I then got a call from the Primary president saying that the primary program was in 3 weeks and felt that they should keep the Sister that had been practicing with them. I was relieved. So I was able to practice for three more weeks and become more prepared. Although I have a ways to go I knew that I wouldn’t have been ready the three weeks previous and it was a huge reminder that Heavenly Father has us in mind. I don’t know of many people that get a calling three to four weeks before they actually start their calling. I know that I needed more and preparation and I am so grateful for leaders that follow the promptings of the spirit. (The Primary program went well and Aerom and Talia were the cutest kids on the stand and remembered their parts perfectly.)

We are looking forward to the holidays and hope that our adventures will continue to be as fun and entertaining as they have thus far. We love you all.





(Avenlea is a scandalous witch the Velcro sometimes came undone. )

Avenlea's new thing. I would do this when I wanted them to put their shirt on so they would give me a kiss and I would then throw the shirt over their head. So Avenlea's new thing she won't let us dress her but she has to kiss us through the shirt before putting it on, she will follow us around the house till we kiss her. This is her following Matt and he was able to get a snapshot. Yes!Our pumpkins


Avenlea new she was in trouble for getting into the costume make up. This is her I'm in trouble face.
Trunk-or-Treat decorations

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys are up and blogging!!!!!! It is awesome to catch up on your life! I READ THE WHOLE THING AND LAUGHED SO HARD---- "YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!" hahahaha hilarious. We miss you guys. Are you heading back to Utah for Christmas? Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that's how I will decide my true friends. Who reads the whole thing? ;) We miss you guys too, I am sad that we didn't do more with you guys when we had the chance. And yes we are planning on going home for Christmas, but it kind of depends on the weather. How bout you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS BLOG! I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I NEED TO CALL YOU! ITs crazy how much all the kids are growing up! Man, they are just so stinking cute! THey are so adorable and i loved reading about your guyses adventures over the past month! SOunds like life is going pretty great! Wowsers! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it all and enjoyed learning of your adventures in Texas. You have such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your update! I also read the entire thing and thought it was so, so entertaining! I love Avenlea's "scandelous" outfit. . . she is so funny. We miss you guys a lot. I am glad that I got to talk to you, Jaime, this week. It was so good to catch up on life. We can't wait to see you guys over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it Jaime. I didn't know you guys did this or else i would've caught up on a lot of things that have been happening over in Texas. I'm sad that i missed seeing you by an entire month. I love hearing about the kids personalities. I look forward to seeing them soon. Send my love to the family...especially Matt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS i read the whole thing so you know that i'm a good friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have to add that I read the "whole thing." :). It's good to see that you guys are adjusting to your new life. And yes Jaime...I also miss the good old days when you were right below us and we could hang out anytime with or without an invite:)

    ReplyDelete