Follow by Email

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fun in the sun!

What a fun Summer it has been so far. This has been a very different summer from what we are used to. Back home we are almost batting down fun opportunities because there are so many to choose from and the weather permits all sorts of fun outings. Although our community has a lot of things to do and places to see, the heat is definitely restricting in things to choose from especially in the middle of the day. I am grateful for good kids that are easily entertained and friends that are very informative about the in's and out's of the College Station area. We have also had a few holiday's and special occasions to celebrate, so we don't want to  let those go unnoticed. 

For some reason I can't ever manage to get my pictures in order so as usual we will be going all over the place as far as time period is concerned, so bear with me. 

 This is Matt on Father's day. Our Mom's group did a fun Apron craft, where we got to put our hand prints on an apron for Matt, the apron says "Worlds Greatest Dad Hands down" With all of our hands facing down. I thought it was a cute Idea and it turned out pretty good. (I am not really a crafty person, and I realized it's because I am kind of a perfectionist. I had to make sure everything was okay and even then I still wasn't completely satisfied. I spent a lot of time trying to get the letteres perfect, and when we got into the car Avenlea decided to get in on the passenger side (where the apron was) and smear the lettering.  Which in turn made me realize being a craft perfectionist and a Mother is a bad combination. :)
   Matt in his Fathers day Awesomness!

 This is Avenlea with "breakfast in bed" for her birthday (I didn't actually let her eat it in bed, but she liked that way of being woken up I believe.) This picture makes me laugh cause they all look so sleepy.



 Avenlea's Birthday cake. I felt like this turned out pretty good for the situation. Avenlea wanted a pink cake and she loves Strawberry Shortcake, so I was trying to think of all this stuff I could get at the store that wasn't going to cost a fortune, but then I decided to bag it all and use the small doll she already had and a few of our fake play fruit and she loved it, and it was cheaper.

Blowing out her candles.


Matt was trying to make her laugh for the picture...and it worked. So cute!

 A few days later we took her and the kids to Brave. I know I have said this before but i love that my kids are old enough to go to movies. It is such a fun family outing, and the kids LOVE it.

This is a project we have been meaning to do for a while. This our Growth Stick. We wanted to see how our kids are growing and so we finally got the stick and decided to paint it for family night. Yes the kids are all in their underpants, but I didn't want them to get paint on their clothes so this was the alternative.

Our Library has a lot of activities for the kids in the summer, this was "Dairy Day" They had a guy talk about how they milk cows and the process and then he milked the cow with a milking machine, it was so Hat that I am not sure that the kids enjoyed it all that but, especially because cows aren't really a foreign concept to them, but they served ice cream afterwards so it made it all worth while.

Aerom looks so cute in this picture, he is my tan little blue eyed babe. :) 

The big glass ball thing is being filled with milk I was shocked at how much milk actually comes from one cow.

 Eating ice cream.

This is one of our favorites and that is SWIMMING! It is a great way to get out of the heat, and have fun in the sun at the same time. We are so grateful for our friends for lending us their pool key for the summer.

This was probably one of the coolest things. Some of our friends invited us to go camping at a place called Huntsville Park. It is very similar to Payson lakes only the lake is a lot bigger, but the camp sites are similar. Here they have the swamp area where they have Alligators, we didn't think we would actually see one but right by the dock this guys was just sitting there. We were super excited.
I don't know if you can see him in this but he is right below us between two lily pads, with his eyes sticking out.
This is the designated swimming Area. It was really shallow so the kids could go a ways and it wasn't freaking me out. :) I was a little skeptical at first, seeing as how we just saw an alligator, but the water was clear and there were quite a few people so I soon got over it.


This is our Friend Amanda, we didn't end up staying the night with them, but we roasted hotdogs and S'mores and got the whole camping experience without the extra work. We had a lot of fun.

Talia's last day of school.
Talia at her Kindergarten Graduation, The blonde woman in the picture is her teacher, Mrs. Lutz
Talia saying good bye to her Teacher.
So all of my memories of the last day of school were sleeping over at a friends house and having a big party. Our kids wont be old enough to have sleepovers for another few years, so Matt and I decided to have a party of our own. We built a fort in the kids play room and made Caramel popcorn, told "ghost Stories" watched a movie, and then slept in our fort.
This is Matt telling "Bloody Bones and Dirty Diapers" they were very into it as you can see on Aeroms face. :)

On a last minute decision we decided to go to Galveston to a Sand Castle competition, And play at the beach it was really hot, but the kids had fun once we got into the water.

Galveston was kind of gross, but we tried to look past the seaweed everywhere, and in the end I think it was a successful vacation. (notice the seaweed, also the water was super brown and mucky)

So as you can see we have been enjoying our Summer, and have somewhat figured out how to battle the Heat. And hopefully we will live through 3 more months of it.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!


Cute Quote-
Avenlea: "Look Mom! I see the Texas Flag... and the A merigo round flag."

5 comments:

  1. You guys are so fun! Aerom looks so grown up. You're so brave to let your kids in the water with the alligators. I would've been crapping my pants to the max. And good job on Avenlea's cake! She's so pretty :) I'm so ecited to see you guys. Only a few more weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are having fun! You have such a cute little family!! haha such fun last day of school sleepovers on the tramp!! I love that you didn't want your kids to miss out on it! oh and cute swim suit in the seaweed picture! Your such a cute mom! :) Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could scoop your kids up right out of the pictures and give them all hugs. They are so cute! I love Avenlea's quote at the end, I think I will be quoting her for the next couple of days. It's a great 4th of July story:) I love seeing what you guys get up to in Texas. I didn't know there were alligators there, that's kind of scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the pictures and the news! You are making some great memories! We so look forward to having you here soon! Thanks for sharing, you are such a good looking family! Loved the Father's Day apron idea as well! It would make a great Grandpa's apron too...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you look like you're having so much fun. I can't wait to see you all in a month. Everyone is getting so big, it boggles my mind. Anyway, thanks for the pictures and good luck surviving the heat!

    ReplyDelete