Follow by Email

Friday, September 21, 2012

Vacation part 2.... Butler clan REUNITE!!!!!

 I love that when we get together with family, it's like nothing has changed.  We revert back to our crazy, shameless, selves and everything is right with the world. Because of all the fun that we had, I didn't get as many pictures of the different things that we did, but the few things we did take pictures of, we took a lot for those events. It was so fun to see my family most after 7 months and others after 2 years. I love my family and I loved spending time with them. Here are a few things that we did, as well as a little insight into the crazy world of the Butler clan.

One of the biggest things I was looking forward to, was some girl time with the girls. When we get together we get a little crazy, but we have SO much fun together. It is awesome having sisters. I love the built in friendship that we have, so no matter where we go, or how long we are away, when we get together, it is always comfortable and fun. 



This is all of the Husbands getting away from our intensity. :)



It was so fun to see all the grandchildren in one house. The top left is me and Kelly trying to get on Tatcher's good side. We kind of freaked him out when we both started screaming cause Kim had just gotten there. Eventually he warmed up and the kids started playing immediately. Talia and Avenlea were drawn to Linden, and Aerom and the Boys were drawn to the toys:) 



 I came in and Ryan, Kelly and Trevor (Kelly's Husband) were laying on the bed, so I thought I would join the party... it was a little awkward. :)  and then we haveMatt and Avenlea sleeping I couldn't not put this picture on.



 All the Butler grand kids (besides Avenlea) and Rachelle's (my best friend/cousin) kids. 


 Salem days is one of the things we always did growing up. We would wake up early and go have breakfast at the park. And then later that morning go to the Parade, (which was always the best parade, in my opinion) and then we would go to the pageant and fire works in the evening. We weren't able to attend all of the festivities, but we did manage to go to the fireworks (which are also the best firework show...in my opinion) Here we are looking at the fireworks at Grandma Arlis's for Salem Days.


The big Butler tradition, breakfast up the canyon. Our family isn't too keen on the whole camping idea, but we LOVE the mountains so instead of camping we would head up to the mountains with Dads grill and have breakfast, we have been to many places but our favorite site is up Santaquin canyon called Trumbolt.

This is Dad cooking. Dad is one of my favorite cooks. If you give this man a potato he can do so many things with that potato that make it the best tasting potato you have ever tasted. A side from breakfast, he also made some mean Onion rings which to this day are the best I have ever tasted, and I am not usually a fan of onion rings, but his are to die for. Some other things we were able to enjoy were roshti(sp) these are like glorified hash browns only oh so much better. Dad is always trying new things, and I am yet to see a failed attempt. I love Dad's cooking!





Matt and the kids, and Kalin building a fire. If there is a fire around you can be sure to find Matt. (he is such a pyro:)



Everyone chatting and enjoying the outdoors. Aerom poking the fire with a stick and Hudson poking Kelly with a Lightsaber.



Aerom and Granny Janny playing in the river. :)








Kelly snitching food as usual, every family has a snitch.... Kelly is the snitch in ours. :) and then we have Kalin looking so buff. :)







 The three Hooligans, Tatcher, Braylon, and Avenlea, will all be in the same grade in school. It was fun to see them play together. Zoom in on Gavin, just chillin'.
 
 


I was so happy to spend some time with my Mom. The week before everyone got there, Mom, Kalin, Ryan, and I stayed up late and chatted about life and old memories. It was so nice.



After Breakfast, We drove the Santaquin loop with Mom and Dad. This was one of my favorite things. It was beautiful weather, and the scenery was amazing. 








Aerom couldn't get up, so in this picture you see him trying and then falling then me trying to help him up, then me falling with him.... then finally the end result.




 Asleep with the kids, but then Kalin, being Kalin



Family Pictures!!!!




Hiking the Grotto up Payson canyon.






Ryan splashed Kelly and me and so we are mad... can you tell?



Still mad with Ryan in the back ground.... and then just goofing off



This is us at Grandma Arlis's house. I have been interested in my family history so I asked her if I could come over and look at some of her old scrap books. And let me just say how amazing my grandma was at her keeping up on her genealogy. She has so many interesting things and it was so fun to look through pictures and read about my ancestors.


Kids eating watermelon with grandpa.




This was the girls day out for Punci's birthday. We went to lunch at the brick overn, and shopping. This was a very much needed day and it was so awesome.



There were a few nights that we were able to stand around the piano and sing, once with the boys and once with the girls. Just the other day Kelly asked me if I had any experiences where good music influenced my life.  It was nice to be able to reflect on that question, and in the end, I realized that one of the biggest reasons I am who I am today are because of the power of music, and the spirit it brings into my heart. I am so grateful for parents that helped me to see that.  I love my family. I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with them. I love the fun that we have, and even though there was a lot to do over our full Vacation, the best part was just visiting with all of our loved ones. We are so blessed to have the families that we do, and so blessed to see them grow. We are so blessed to have parents that raised us well, so that we can be an eternal family.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you got a picture of all of our husbands asleep. Ha!

    ReplyDelete