Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Craziest month of my life!

This time of year was quite stressful Matt still didn't have a job, I was miserably pregnant, and Talia broke her arm. It was a crazy time, but we were blessed to have wonderful people around us, that helped us through the trying time. We tried to make the most out of life. We knew we were not going to be in College Station much longer. We loved our adventure in Texas and feel so blessed that, that is where Heavenly Father wanted us to be.


 This is us at the Maroon and White game. It was fun to get out of the house(even though the walk to and from the stadium about put me into labor.) The weather was beautiful and the Stadium was amazing.



 Our poor Talia broke her arm while playing on the monkey bars. She was so brave, that we didn't even know that she had broken her arm. She didn't even cry and was very composed. We got the the ER and they took an X-ray to confirm that it was broken. We then rode in the Ambulance to the main hospital where she had surgery and had pins put in. She had to stay over night, which was quite hard for a very pregnant woman. Thank goodness we had people in our ward take Aerom and Avenlea. They also brought us dinner, and brought Talia flowers and little gifts. We knew we were in a great ward, but didn't realize how much until they bent over backwards to help us. It was amazing!



 34 weeks




 This my little Talia at her end of year concert. It was so cute. She had a hard time doing the actions because of her broken arm but she did great considering the situation. She is in the front row with the black sling.


 2 days shy of 36 weeks.... little did I know I would go into labor that night. :)



 At 10:45 I started having contractions. Because we have kids I didn't want  to someone to watch them until we knew that it was actual labor. So I waited for about 3 and half hours and I was done! So we decided to be crazy parents, we woke Talia, gave her a phone and Matt ran me to the hospital (that is 3 minutes away) to make sure I was actually in labor. When we got there I was already dilated to a 7 and now I started to panic. Our kids were still home with no one there, and Matt needed to run home and take the kids to the Bradfords. So I tried to sit as still as possible so I wouldn't encourage myself to dilate anymore. Thank goodness Matt got back to me  quickly. After 3 tries they got the epidural going.(worst experience ever!)
About 1 hour later I was ready to go.

 They wheeled me into the operating room. I pushed once for little Taysom, and 9 minutes later Brigham was ready to make his entrance into the world. I pushed 3 times for little Brigham. It was a great experience, the top left and bottom pictures are Taysom he weighed 4 lbs 13oz and the top right is Brigham weighing in at 5lbs 11oz. I didn't get a chance to hold Brigham in the operating room.


 Here they are all cleaned and cozy. Taysom is baby A and Brigham is baby B.


 Matt was an amazing support(as usual) and we were both on cloud 9 it was so fun being the "twin family"


 Needless to say the kids absolutely love their baby brothers and couldn't get enough of them.


 The twins came during finals and so this is Matt doing his work... the bottom left picture pretty much sums up, what would be the rest of our lives. :) Also another miracle, we were stressing because Matt didn't have a job yet, which we knew (through prayer) that something would come up, while we were in the Hospital Matt got an offer for THE perfect Fellowship for our family. It is a better situation than we ever could have thought of, and we know it is a blessing straight from Heavenly Father.

  Because they had to poke me three times for an epidural, it caused a spinal headache and so I was pretty miserable. They gave me a blood patch and I was better, but my poor Taysom was too immature and he would forget to breath so he had to stay at the hospital for an extra three days. Thank goodness after three days Taysom was ready to come home. They are so itty bitty in their little car seats.

 Coming home!!


 My awesome husband was awarded the upsilon phydelta.... something or other... along with 5 others out of his program. It is an award for outstanding student, including grades, participation, leadership, etc. I was so proud.


 Granny Janny(my mom) and Kaylee(my sister) came to help us out. I was so glad to have them there. Especially because we were going back and forth from the hospital to feed Taysom before he could come home. It was very emotionally draining and stressful and if they hadn't been there I don't know what I would have done.



 Sleeping in their own bed.


 Bath time for Brigham!


 Bath time for Taysom!



 After my Mom and Sister went home we picked Grandma Sainsbury(Matt's Mom) from the Airport and she came to help us get ready to move and take the kids back with her so we could go find a house in Arizona. She came during her birthday so we were able to celebrate with her. It was so nice having here there. Also Talia had her last day of school!


 Melanee also watched the kids so I could attend Matt's graduation. I was so happy, I didn't know if I was going to be able to attend. It was so awesome to share that with him and reflect on our journey through school these past 8 years. We are so blessed to have gotten into a school right away.



 I thought this quote was appropriate for our situation it says "It was here that our lives were forever changed, and loyalty to one another and to a cause greater than self filled our hearts." We had such an amazing experience in College Station. We grew so much as a family, and we learned more about who we are, and what kind of a family we want to be more than anywhere else.


 Melanee Brought the kids after the ceremony to take pictures before they headed off to the airport.

After the kids left we kicked into high gear as we packed up our home, to move on to our new adventure. These are a few pics we took of the twins as the chaos unfolded. :)



 In Arizona we found a house, and while we were waiting to confirm all the paper work we took pictures of the twins on the white sheets. :) This is Taysom
 
 More Taysom





 Brigham
 More Brigham..
 Twins together...
 More twins together.



 Drive from AZ to Utah.


BBQ at Kelly's new house in Lehi before we headed back to AZ. (Ryan and Banessa)


Wow! Going through these pictures reminds me of the Chaos that took place in the crazy month of May, but in reality, it couldn't have turned out better. The twins came at the perfect time. If they had come any earlier it would have been crazy for Matt to be in school, not to mention they would have been more fussy on the drive to AZ. If they would have come any later, we wouldn't have been able to send the kids off when we did, and we would  not have had the time to move out of our house, find a house in AZ, move in, and get Talia's arm taken care of all before June 10th when Matt started his Fellowship. It is experiences like these that give me the knowledge that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, that he loves us, and when it doesn't seem like anything is working out, there is a reason, and it is usually because there is a perfect situation for us further down the road. One of the scriptures that got us through our stress was:
3 Nephi 13:30-34 "Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith. Therefore take no thought, saying What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For our Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."

3 comments:

  1. Jaime you are amazing! I am so grateful for your wonderful example of motherhood. Motherhood is hard and I am so grateful for your example of courageously fulfilling this divine role. Your children are so blessed to have you as their noble mother! Thank you again for your example! My love, thoughts and prayers are with you beautiful family =) We miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, even after talking to you I didn't realize the extent of the craziness until seeing these pictures solidified it in my brain. Wow! You guys are seriously nuts. :) I love seeing the pictures of the kids so much. Can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys are super family! I love it! I'm so happy for you and Matt! Congrats on everything :D Hope to catch u next time ur in town :)

    ReplyDelete