Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

December

 I didn't realize how much we actually did in the month of December, but it was a lot of fun. All through the holiday season I kept getting flashbacks of being pregnant around this same time a year ago, and I would start to get anxiety and feel almost sick because of the memory. I was really sick and couldn't get out of bed with out throwing up for the first 4 months and it wasn't until Christmas that I really felt back to mostly normal. So I was determined to make it a good Christmas holiday for us so that we could start to build happy memories instead of sick ones. :)


 On our way home from Utah after Thanksgiving we stopped at a park in Mesquite and had lunch and to change diapers. :)


 When we got home we got started right away putting up Christmas decorations. Normally this is something I do all in one day, but with the twins I could only do a little bit every day, but by the end of the week we had pretty much everything put up. The tree was obviously the first things we put up, and because of our awesome family that sent us home with presents we already had presents to put under it.



These pictures crack me up. Avenlea gave me the camera and said " Mom take pictures of me!" so she would pose and say "k" when she was ready these are her poses. ha ha! 


So I am a very traditional person and I love the idea of Dad putting the star on the Christmas tree, so every year I save the star for Matt to put up. He laughs and thinks I am a dork, but I think he secretly likes it. We our old star broke in the move so we had to go buy a new. So when Matt got home from work I made him put it up.


My cute boys at 7 months. Brigham; left Taysom: right 


 This is at the Anthem outlets and apparently this tree is the tallest Christmas tree in the US... pretty impressive. We were going to go see it on opening night (not knowing it was opening night) and there were cars  lined up almost all the way to the freeway to see the tallest cut down tree in the USA. So instead we went to the store and got Bluebell ice cream and hot chocolate, went home and ate treats instead. Then we went back a few weeks later.


In the middle of December Matt had a conference in Florida, and so I decided to go up north to stay with my Sister Kelly while he was gone. For Family Home Evening my Mom and Kaylee brought stockings and we all decorated them. It was such a fun activity that I could see doing something similar every year. 




The twins just kind of hung out and it was so nice to have everyone there to help me hold them. Usually when Matt gets home we both tag team the babies and I was worried that I would have a hard time not getting a break for 5 days. Kelly and the rest of my family helped me SO much. Which made it even nicer.




 While we were in Utah we decided to go to the Children's Museum in Salt Lake. It was amazing it would have been the funnest place to go as a kid they had so many fun things. Here you see the kids in the "construction area" They could load blocks onto a crane and then move them up top, and every station had outfits to match the setting.


This is Avenlea at the chicken coup where you could gather eggs. They also had mailboxes all throughout the museum so you could pretend to be a mailman and deliver mail.

 The kids loved the Gracery store, you could shop, you could be a cashier, a farmer that ships his produce to the stores and then the truck that ships the food to the store. It was pretty intense.


This was one of Avenlea's Favorite she want to be a Cow Girl when she grows up, but that is only because she wants to ride horses.

Every one had to have their turn. Even Taysom. :) You can't see him very well but Uncle Kalin is holding him, I'm not that crazy.






They also had a Child sized Play house that was pretty much a legitimate house for a kid. The girls loved that.


Making pipe track for a ball, and making up plays and story books.



News broadcasting and Weather forcasting




 Lunch at the food court


Piloting. This is Aerom and his cousin Braylon. Such hansom boys.



This was Talia's favorite she loved dressing up as a pioneer and could have spent all day in this cabin. (Gavin photo bomb :)


Talia Cooking and serving and taking care of the baby.


It was so fun to have Kalin and Punce there, they helped a lot with keeping an eye on all the kids for me. I usually have Matt there with me, and so I was a little nervous to be alone, but they really helped me relax by watching the other kids and occasionally holding babies for me. Kalin and Aerom made an awesome Lincoln Log Cabin together.

 Kalin also made a little fort/cage for the babies.






This was wierd stuff that stuck to everyone's clothes it was a mess but the kids liked it.



While we were all freezing in Utah, Matt was enjoying 80 degree weather in Florida, and getting the 4 star treatment. These are some pictures he sent me, to rub it in my face. ;) Not really, but it was beautiful there.





While he was in Florida a group of people wanted to go to  Harry Potter World. So one of the Doctor's that Matt is friends with asked him if he would be willing to go with her. He was sad we all couldn't be there but I was glad he got to do something fun, instead of going to seminars all day. Here we have Matt in front of Hogwarts, he is soaked from the Jurassic Park ride.
 


 Having a nice refreshing glass of Butter-beer in Hogsmead


 Infront of the Sorting Hat and Dumbledore's office.


 



This was our typical day in December. The weather was perfect, and it was so fun to just play outside any day, at any time.  One of our Saturday outings we got Panda Express and went to our park for a picnic.


The kids doing my hair and make up.  They have a lot of fun, and I am glad we can be goofy together.



I love these pictures! The Left two and Bottom right Taysom is on the left, and on the top right, Brigham is on the left.



Brigham: left Taysom: right

I walked in on Matt doing a photo shoot with Brigham, but Taysom wouldn't sit by himself, so we only got singles of Brigham. Brigham: left Taysom: right

Horse rides with Dad. Pure Joy!



This picture cracked me up. Two little boys just sitting in the middle of a big bed.


Eatin' lunch! Brigham: left Taysom: right. I love those puppy dog eyes.


Mesa LDS Temple lights.





So one night Matt and I were really craving Zuppa's and so Matt looked it up, and found one 15 minutes from us! So we packed the kids up and went there for dinner. We love their soup!



We were a little worried to have Christmas with just our family, because we have never done it before. However it was the nest Christmas we have had. It was so much fun and the spirit was really strong in our home. We had the kids each choose something for dinner that they wanted, whether it be a treat or a snack or a main dish. They all had a lot of fun creating our meal and we had a lot of fun eating it too! Everything turned out perfect and to top it all off, the babies both went down for a nap so we could all enjoy a nice dinner together.


We also read the traditional Birth Story of our Savior and the kids acted it out.


Our little shepherd Brigham was a little late to the party due to napping, but he made his grand entrance and really added to the Nativity scene. :)


Our Christmas tree and stockings!


Christmas morning. Maybe someday my kids will be the ones to wake me up, but as for the last 8 years I have been the culprit to wake everyone up.  Matt has kept up the Butler tradition of massaging dad's legs before going out to open presents. However, it usually ends with me finishing the job. I thought that I would have been able to escape that once I had kids of my own, but I guess not. :)



Lined up and ready to go!


The biggest surprise, was that Santa set up a trampoline for us in the back yard. The kids were so excited and very surprised, it was so fun to see their faces.


The loot!
-



The day after Christmas Matt and the kids went to clean the church. The babies have not been very helpful when we have done it in the past, so I stayed home with them. Taysom only recently started sitting up, so I sat them both up with toys and had to go into the other room to put something away. In that 2 seconds Taysom managed to fall over and Brigham climbed onto him. I had to laugh and hurry and capture a picture.

The Fairhurst's stopped by on their way home to Tuscan. I had to captured a picture of all the bald babies.



Walking into see the pesents and Talia suing her painting stuff she got.


Top: Taysom
Bottom: Brigham left, Taysom right.



For New Years Eve we had our good friends over. We played games and had good food and lit sparklers. The kids had a lot of fun and I am so glad we have friends here to share good memories with. After the Nativity we did on Christmas Eve we bore our testimonies. The spirit was so strong and it really helped us focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I am so grateful for my kids and that I get to create such great memories with them. I am grateful for fun traditions that we have taken away from our own families, so that we can make our home a fun place to be and sacred place to learn about the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment